Wednesday 27 June 2018

My Experiences with Work

I will start this post by saying that I have had a good many jobs, because I always chase happiness in a role - that being said, I realise that life is not idealistic, and you're always going to have elements that you dislike in anything that you do - but the balance should be in the favour of happiness!

To put it in perspective, the average person works 7.5 hours per day, that is 37.5 hours per week. In that time, you have to travel to and from your place of work, so let's say the average working day from leaving your home to getting back is around 9 hours with lunch included.

I myself, work 11 hours per day with travel and lunch included.

Now - if you think about it, you spend most of your waking week at work or travelling to work. So why would you want to spend the majority of your time somewhere that you hate, somewhere that stresses you out, or around people you don't like?

Life is FAR too short to be dealing with places, situations and people that don't make you happy. For me, money motivates me, but I would rather work for a small wage than work somewhere that reduced my quality of life and mental state.

I worked somewhere that had me crying on a Sunday night because the thought of going back there after relaxing all weekend was too much to bear. I was angry, withdrawn and not eating properly because the job was depressing and soul-destroying. I earned good money, and that was ultimately what made me stay for more than a few weeks, but enough was enough. When money is the only element of your job that is good, it's time to move on.

I chased happiness, and found a role (and fought for it!) that allows me to feel like I am making a difference and has a positive atmosphere. The people are nice, the office is nice, the pay is good, and I feel like I need to work hard to achieve what I want out of it - there are end goals, I am not just pushing buttons to make money for a CEO anymore.

I am making a difference to the people I help, and I am good at it!

My only advice here is to always chase happiness, because you do not want to spend most of your life being unhappy, being stressed, or not being yourself. Life is more than your job.

No comments:

Post a Comment